Tuesday, June 10, 2014

One of those days.......

Ever have one of those days ( maybe weeks?!), when you feel like you should just go back to bed? That was today!  I am NOT a morning person...especially in the summer!  Spencer is taking Drivers Education. ( I know ... right?! ) Anyway, when he signed up... they sent a paper home for us to select the class times, that we would prefer. So, we did... and we were scheduled with the time we didn't pick!  Oh well...so... it starts at 8 am!.... in THE SUMMER!  Okay.... so, we took him to class and then went back home to play for a couple hours and then back to pick him up.  We dropped a gift off to my newly married friends house, put the passenger side window down to talk to her quickly, and continued on with some other errands.  
 
Spencer couldn't get the window to go back up.  I couldn't get the window to go back up.  It's starting to sprinkle.  It's suppose to rain off and on all week. I don't have a garage.  I'm starting to panic a little. Turned the car off and on....tried many different things.  Went by a friends body shop... guy offered to order us a new window...uh thanks.  Sent hubby a desperate text message... received text back "sorry baby".... started getting a little weepy.  I was kind of expecting some advice from the 2 previously mentioned men! Thinking about all the things I need to do today.  Called Zellers in Ark City.  The manager said to bring the car in. Spencer watched the short people, while I took the car.  Already mad/sad, and now riding in 70 mile hour wind.... whipping ONE side of my head.  Get to the shop and the strap on my new purse breaks.  Shop guy tries several things to get the window unstuck.  I'm rambling the whole time about how I hate this car!  He doesn't even look at me, when he says he will have to order a master switch for both doors.  I think he's married and he knows the "her head is going to pop off any minute" look.  Poor guy!  Took me 15 minutes to get both car seats out..... I have no doubts now, that they were very secure....each one had 5 different anchors!  Oh yea... cut my finger doing that.  Mom comes to pick me up.  Now I have to get the car seats secured in hubby's pickup ... which has a lift kit... yay!  Yep, feeling sorry for myself....
 
Get a call from a friend...his elderly mother passed away this morning. Sobering reality.  I feel ridiculous for the things I have been whining about.
 
It can always be worse.
 
So, a short list of things I'm thankful for this afternoon:
 
  • An extra vehicle at home
  • My best friend, for listening and making me laugh about it all
  • Mom, who gave me a ride home and also brought warm chocolate chip cookies!
  • My sweet hubby.... he was at work... he has a job!
  • The nice guy at the shop... he tried to break it to me gently!
  • A sweet teenager, who has always tries to help and "be the man",  when the other one is unavailable
  • Rain....even if it gets my passenger seat wet
  • Hairspray... that helped the beaten side of my head, hold it's shape... a little
  • Small towns... where you can call and actually get help the same day!
  • Two little people that sit in those car seats
  •  
     
    Have a great day!  Sometimes the "little" lists
    are really pretty BIG! 
     
     
     
    Rain day fort!

     





No comments:

Post a Comment