Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Praying Scaredy Cat & Crafts

Do you ever wake up with your heart racing and you feel frantic? Sometimes, I put my husbands arm over me and try to go back to sleep, but many times, I wake up again... still frantic.  When that happens, I have to jump up and check all my children and then walk around the dark house a couple minutes.  My husband makes fun of me, because I go to every window and peak out... just to make sure things are okay! He calls me Gladys Cravis ( the nosey neighbor from the show Bewitched ) Only then, I can try to settle back into my bed.  I am usually wide awake at this point, and it becomes a good time for thinking, prayer and finally sleep.  That happened to me last night and it took me a long time to get back to sleep. I am a BIG scaredy cat! I love my sleep, but I don't like the darkness. I think that's why I consider myself a night owl.  I like to stay up late (and sleep late! ).  So, I have a long time of prayer. I pray for everything! That's the good thing about being wide awake, your thoughts are more organized! I know I can ask God to calm my heart and mind and He does.  I also think about verses I've read. I always sleep really well after a night like this. I feel rested & renewed. Here are a couple verses that I looked up this morning.  
 
 John 14:27
"I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid.
 
Isaiah 12:2
See, God has come to save me.
I will trust in him and not be afraid.
The Lord God is my strength and my song;
he has given me victory."
 
Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.



Crafts...............
 
We don't do big elaborate crafts, but I like to do little crafts with my kids when we can.  Spencer really liked it when he was little.  We made lots of magnets,  Popsicle projects and foam animals and pictures!  I found these cute little foam project packs at Dollar General, so Thatcher and I made them up a couple days ago.  He calls them his animal puppets and has had fun playing with them... who knew?  I don't anticipate them lasting a long time.  I sooo love that time with just us... talking, laughing and making something fun. I learned how fast that time goes...now that my "baby" is 15!  Here are a couple pictures of our puppets and also a light box , I made for my cute preggers friend.  (This is for you, Billie.....who's e-mail does not like me and will not let her open pictures of it!)





Have a happy day!! 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I love the Winnie-the-Pooh lamp! CUTE!!!!!! -Billie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Billie.... glad you finally got to see it! It was super fun to make, since she had a specific theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amanda! Miss having you in Winfield! Spencer sure loved having Bill for his Principal.... He thought he was very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete