Saturday, May 3, 2014

I Let Go

Many thoughts today.... thinking about life and the things I often try to control.  Thinking about the choices I've made.  Thinking a lot about the 6 years that we lost babies.  There were many days that I my heart hurt so much, I didn't think I could breathe.  My heart felt like a gaping, aching hole.  I felt like I was being punished.  I felt like I'd been abandoned. I wished that I could numb the pain.  Why did God allow us to rejoice in hope and then rip it from our soul?  I felt like I was doing what He asked. I felt I was living the life He wanted.  I am a control freak...and this was something I couldn't control.
 It was a painful journey. 
 
 I was extremely thankful for Spencer and for the sweet memories of pregnancy, that I was able to experience.. and I love him so much. I felt guilty that, that wasn't enough. I felt guilty for wanting another child, when sweet friends were not able to experience having one. I felt guilty for feeling ungrateful. I felt guilty for being bitter. I felt guilty for being an emotional wreck many days. I felt guilty for not being able to give my husband another child. I felt guilty that I couldn't give my son a little brother or sister. I felt guilty for questioning God. I felt guilty for letting this define me. I felt guilty for desiring something, that must not be His plan.   It's not His plan.  My heart was screaming for it to be, but it was not His plan.  I let go.  It took 6 years.  I couldn't fight anymore.  I couldn't keep hoping and dying inside...every single month.  I let go
 
 We put the nursery together and I said " if we build it, they will come!"  I prayed a lot in that little room. I came to peace that it wasn't going to be through me, but we could still add to our family.  We decided to Foster-to-adopt.  We completed the course and we also were being considered as a relative placement for my little cousin.  We were approached by a grandmother, with guardianship of two grandchildren.  I saw that there were many opportunities, that I wasn't open to seeing before.  I gave Him control.  So hard for me to do.  Then He gave us Thatcher.  It still makes me cry.... the ugly cry!  Once I let go completely... and gave it back to Him.... He gave me my hearts desire.  I feel like I wasted so much time "wandering around in the desert".  It was a lesson I had to learn. It was something I had to go through.  The journey was the lesson.  Am I still a control freak.... yes, it's something I have to battle daily (among many other things!).
But,  I'm still learning!
 
I hope your day if full of joy and smiles.  I hope we all have eyes to see His blessings.
 
 













2 comments:

  1. Tough stuff. I'm so sorry for all the miscarriages and all the waiting you had to experience. I feel guilty that I wasn't a good comforter or even someone who told you how sorry I was for what you were dealing with. I felt guilty for being one of the ones you spoke of . . . the one who was having another baby. So instead of doing the right thing I chose to keep it to myself and not let you know how sorry we were for you. Which probably made you feel like your family didn't care about what you were going through. I'm sorry for that. I hope I never do that again with you or anyone else. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly! You didn't do anything wrong. I always knew you cared and I felt guilty, cause you felt guilty for having babies! .... and I LOVE those babies! There's always something we think we might do differently, after the fact! I learned a lot!! I love you too!

      Delete