Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mercies in Disguise?

I had some alone time the other night, as I drove home from Wichita.  I was listening to the radio and mulling things around in my head. I was talking to myself, asking and answering questions in my mind.... and praying.  I've heard this song many times, I really like it.  That night, when it came on the radio.... it just spoke to my heart. I love those moments... when things seem simple and clear.  We all go through tough times in life.  We aren't going to escape those trials. God uses those seasons to show us how strong we really are, because He stands WITH us. Those trials are meant to draw us closer to Him. We may not realize it at the time.... it's hard to be "in it" and see the bigger picture. VERY HARD.  I've been there. Many times, we can't see it for what it is, until we are through it.  I don't have words of wisdom. I just wanted to share this song. 
 
 
If you can...take a moment to listen,  and see if it speaks to you.
 
 
We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things
'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise
We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe
When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not our home
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise
 
 
Have a fabulous evening! 
 
 You are loved!
  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and true, but I do wish I were on the other end of us looking back and saying those words more confidently! :) ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Me too! Sometimes, it's just enough to say "one day at a time"!!!!

    ReplyDelete