Sunday, October 19, 2014

Toothless grins

 
 
Thatcher got his first two little teeth, when he was 5 1/2 months old... which was earlier than Spencer did.  It's so funny to see little shiny (sharp!) teeth, in gummy, drooly mouths. 

(awww!!!)
 
I was a little surprised to see he had a loose tooth at 4 1/2.  Spencer lost his first tooth when he was almost 6!  At first, he (Thatcher) was a little freaked out about it.  Especially, after some of our crazy relatives, wanted to pull it for him!  You know who you bloodsuckers are!   We explained that it would fall out on it's own,  and then he could put it under his pillow, and the Tooth Fairy would bring him a treat.   He had fun moving it around with his tongue. That thing had some super roots! He could twist it around and lay it all the way over!  Ughh!!

 
 
We went to get haircuts yesterday and Spencer was tickling him (and picking on him a little), so Thatcher bit his finger..... He has NEVER bitten anyone!  I was surprised by that ...and then by the little tooth that fell out! He was really excited and can't wait to show everyone!  There is nothing quite like a little toothless grin!! It's precious!   It's also bittersweet...... They aren't little toddlers anymore... with those perfect little white teeth.  It's a one of the big "firsts"..... leaving me wondering how time flew by.... again!..... so quickly!   
 

 
He didn't want to put it under his pillow yet.  He has it in a bowl....so, he can look at it. He's very proud of it!  Spencer was always eager to see what the Tooth Fairy would bring him.  I love that Thatcher is in no hurry..... It's helpful to me.... because, I'm not in a hurry either.  I've never been the mom to push them into the next step..... I drag my feet a little..... knowing that each new step....takes them a little farther from being my baby.
 
 
So thankful for these sweet seasons!
 
 
 

 
Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy! I can't believe he lost it so soon, but he looks precious! ~Beth

    ReplyDelete