Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Friends

My sweet hubby and I had a fabulous date night out with friends, last Saturday.  We went to dinner, movie and dessert afterwards.  I'm not sure I can find words, to say how dear these friends are to us.  We met at church, over 10 years ago. 
 
 They bring such joy to our world!
 
 We share laughter, prayers, tears, joy, sadness, faith and a deep friendship. Did I mention laughter?!  We have joined together, in activities, bible study,  parties, brunches, showers and get-togethers.  We have enjoyed many date nights out and countless meals together after church. We have grieved together and rejoiced together. We have prayed together and praised God together. We have celebrated miracles.  We love their children as our own, and our children love them. We even love that our kids sometimes fight like real siblings, when they are together!  We love sitting in church with our "extended" family. We love worshiping as one big family.  We are thankful for happily married couples to fellowship with. We are blessed to have friends who share our faith and values. We trust and respect them.  We know we can count on them...no matter what.  We look forward to the time we get to spend together.
 
 ~More things I love ~
 
 I cherish the marathon phone calls, the lunch dates, the sonic drink chats, the encouraging e-mails and texts, and girls movie night. I look forward to shopping dates, Goodwill bargains, getting our nails done, last minute massages and even having to get my picture taken! (NOT! )   I'm happy that I have friends who challenge me to try something new.  I am thankful to have friends, who know I'm not perfect, but love me anyway. I am blessed to have friends, who show me grace.  I appreciate their point of view, even when it is not my own.  I am thankful for ears, who hear me and care for me.  I am thankful for the sweetness of friendship, that allows us to be honest and real with each other. I am blessed with friends, who pray for me.... and I'm  honored to lift each of them up in prayer.
 
I LOVE & treasure each one of them! 

 
 
( I HATE having my picture taken! BUT, I love these goofballs! )

 
Corey, Billie, Me, Gunar, Shawn & Beth
 
 
 
Good job Beth!  That's a hard picture to take!
 
 

I have pretty friends!


Have a Happy Week!!!


Sweet Thatcher story:
We were snuggling in bed last night and I said "God made you perfect".... he said "God lives at church... it's his house" and I said "yes, and he lives here too, he's everywhere".  He said "I know, he comes sees me, when I'm sleeping"..... Precious!!!!! 


************************************************************

Just found Thatcher "reading" my daily devotional!
Had to add these pics. Hopefully, he gets as much from it as I do!!!


 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you took beautiful pictures with a gorgeous smile! I need to take some tips from your friends for getting you to embrace having your picture taken! I'm so glad to see Godly friends who lift you up and you can do the same. It's a blessing that can't be taken for granted. :) ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a sweet sister to say that! They force me to give in sometimes..... but, I don't like it! Not that many people read my blog, so I felt pretty safe posting them! And yes, it is a huge blessing.... sometimes, very hard to find other couples, like that!

      Delete