Monday, March 12, 2018

There is Light

I love this time of year!  The morning light that fills my room, as the sun gently kisses my face.  It's so much easier to get out of bed, with the sunshine.  I'm anxious for Spring and Summer.  I long for the refreshing breeze that dance with the curtains. The soft whisper of its breath across my body... mimicking the movement of my slumber. The sweetness of the morning, lit quietly... soft and radiant.   I am ready for the damp, new, green grass... cool under my feet, as I tiptoe out and take in the smell and sounds of the fresh morning. The happy sound of nature waking.  The fleeting moments of the stillness and silence.  There is a reverence, that I often take for granted.

  I'm not always a morning person... especially during the cool months. I hide under the weight of warm blankets, that tempt me to linger...staying tucked away from the long, dark and cold days. Winter is not my favorite. The trees seem sad with their drab limbs... reaching up to the sky... waiting for the burden of beauty. They wait... turned towards the heavens in sweet anticipation. 

The sunlit mornings call to me... waking me early and renewing my spirit.  I know its promise....echoing the promise of grace. Assurance that the darkness and drab, will be washed away. There is sweetness of new breath... that fill and restore the body with goodness. There is joy in new beginnings. 

 There is a Light that beckons and calls for us... 
to linger in darkness no more.  



                                         Image result for john 8:12


No comments:

Post a Comment