Monday, September 26, 2016

Remembering a Father

Our family had a pretty grueling spring and summer.  My father in law had a severe reaction to a new drug.  It was very devastating.  He was in intensive care for 16 weeks, before he passed.  I'm happy that all my children knew him. He was their papaw.  I'm grateful for the father he was to my husband.  He helped make him the amazing man that he is today.... a wonderful husband and father.   I'm thankful that we KNOW,  he followed Jesus, and there is no question of where he waits for us.  I hope the grandchildren he didn't get to meet here on earth,  are climbing all over him. I'm a little envious, that he will meet them before I will.  

A father leaves a legacy.....  

He is one of your first teachers, guiding you through the obstacles of a young life. The one you look to, while learning right from wrong... or pushing the boundaries! He's the one you watch and emulate. His opinion and beliefs become part of who you are. He's one of your first playmates, sometimes pushing the boundaries with mom!  This father was pretty ornery! That's one of the reasons he was such a good papaw!




 This father was a hard worker.  Very proud to be a pharmacist and serve his community. His children watched him achieve his goals from years of dedication and hard work.  A father demonstrates a good work ethic. This father loved Jesus.  He loved serving, leading, learning, fellowshipping and worshipping.  He taught and lead his family to love Jesus, as well.  

and.... This father loved his family.

There will never be enough words to define a person, but "father" leaves a big mark on your life and heart. 




No comments:

Post a Comment