Monday, November 17, 2014

Snow in November!

 
 11/17/14
 
 I am not a big fan of snow!  I will occasionally, appreciate ( tolerate ) the beauty of it falling for a short time.  I used to like to play in the snow.  I remember what a chore it was to get ready.  We only had rain boots to wear, so we donned several pairs of socks with them.  I also remember using wonder bread bags to put over our feet after we put the socks on!.... anything to keep the snow out, and feet warm and dry!  Those same rain boots were used for ice skating as well  (on our pond).  They weren't pretty, but they worked.  Our neighbors, Debi and Jill had REAL ice skates!  I was a little envious of them.
 
 It snowed much more, when I was younger.  Big dreamy drifts everywhere.  We lived in the country, so it looked untouched and pretty for a longer time. It glistened like it had tiny jewels thrown all over it. We had an old fashioned wooden sled and a really big red toboggan.  I remember the Christmas we got the toboggan.  It could hold all of us! It worked well for a while, and we used it even after if got a big split down the middle.... which slowed us down and piled a bunch of snow under us. My older brother usually organized everything.....the sledding,  building of a fort, tunnels through the drifts.  He was a lot more into it than I was.  I usually went inside as soon as my mittens got too wet. 
 
When Spencer was old enough, his dad was the person to take him out to play in it.  I would go out for a while and take pictures! Spencer's first big sledding event was with his cousin Drew and Uncle John. I think he was 6 or 7.  Boys will be boys, not matter the age.  I think they all went last year.... even though Drew was almost 18 and Spencer was 15.  Daddy knocked down a couple of pretty girls, when he was coming down the hill!   I try not to worry, since one year, Drew broke his collar bone sledding! (yikes!)

                Awww!  Spencer was such a cute little boy!
 
 

 
 
Last year, was the first time I took Thatcher out for very long in the snow.  He was almost 4 years old. I think he spent most of the time taking it all in!  Snow was still falling and it kept getting in his eyes! He was stinkin' cute all bundled up!
 
This year, Thatcher was very excited to see all the white stuff!!  He could not wait to make a snow angel!  So, we spent about 20 minutes getting ready to go out and play, while Addy Grace took a warm nap!  I think we spent more time getting ready, then we did outside! BUT, he really had fun chasing me with snowballs....I would give an exaggerated shriek and he would giggle so hard, he'd sway in his boots!  He also "cleaned" off  Daddy's truck and then made a snow angel. I think I got big Mommy points today!!!
 
 



 
Keep warm!!!
 
Also a couple pics of Thatcher shaving with Daddy.  He loves to "shave".  I found this cute little shaving set for him.  He has a super "smoove" face after he shaves!
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Those a sweet pictures of Spencer and Thatcher. I didn't remember the wonder bread bags. So funny but it worked! It's hard for us warm weather people to get outside when it snows, but we do it for those precious kiddos! ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it's nice when Daddy is home and wants to do it!! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope I have figured out how to comment!!! I love the way you use beautiful descriptive words/phrases in all of your blogs - and of course, the pictures are all adorable!!

    ReplyDelete